Friday, 2 January 2009
Plans for the 2009 festival are now well under way, with the programme of events looking to be even more exciting than last year. The festival programme will feature:
- Eastbourne Festival Live: popular live music at The Winter Gardens, last years line-up featured top acts such as Pendulum, Jack Penate, Radio One’s Zane Lowe and Babyshambles. This year’s line-up to be released soon!
- Polish Arts Events: The idea is to create a ‘Poland-by-the-sea’ (Polska nad morzem) through a multi-media exhibition of photos, interviews, text and portraits of Polish people living and working in Eastbourne and the surrounding area.
- Artists Open Houses Event: This year’s festival will again see local artists opening up their studios and houses for the public to view work as well as see the space in which it is produced.
- Redoubt Events: The Redoubt Fortress is to become a ‘hub’ for festival activities including community activities and workshops, performance and exciting new site specific work and installation by the Blue Monkey artists and invited guest artists from across Sussex.
- Towner Gallery to show local work: The new Towner Gallery has invited East Sussex based artists to propose subtle, yet interesting, “interventions” for the public non-gallery spaces for the duration of the festival.